TechSpot

Sudden crashes during random times

By Xiuying
May 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I have been having this problem for awhile now and have not been able to narrow down what it could be until now.

My computer will All of a sudden my screen will go black, the speakers will make the usual "ERRRR, fked up" and the fans in my computer will speed up to max. Now I have checked my event logs and nothing, Ran every diagnosis I could and nothing and didn't know what to do until I saw this.
    [​IMG]

Now I know the voltage is a little under than what it should be for the -12 V however I used my Psu tester on it and it says it is fine... However its always good to get a second opinion about these situations.. So would anyone know if this is why my computer will tend to crash a lot ? Or should I be searching somewhere else ?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

The -12 volts is not used, so the reading is false and should be ignored... You could try another power supply for test purposes
  3. Xiuying

Xiuying Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have thought about doing that, however since the crash is at random times and will happen as fast as twice a day or once a week. I wouldn't know if the other power supply is what fixed it or if the crash just hasn't happened yet.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

Okay, when you decide to do something, go for the power supply swap first

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.