TechSpot

Sudden reboots due to BSod's + minidumps

By ommy
Dec 29, 2005
  1. Hi,
    I've tried to wipe my pc clean (at first i thought(or hoped) my problem was software related). Tested the memory and the hard drives. And i have (absolutely no) reason to believe the problem has something to do with my video card. (also read and followed the sticky on this subject)

http://users.pandora.be/crumbl3/dump

(i'm going to post this part and type on in edit :)
    I apolagize for this posting behaviour but my pc is getting unpredictably unstable.)

The (BSod related) reboots occur when the machine is practically idle. There is no visible activity other than a browser window or a desktop. Earlier today i had this problem while working in photoshop, i filled a layer on a GIGANTIC document and the photoshop progress stalled for 20 seconds before the machine BS'ed and restarted.

I guess the problem is not stress related due to the idle state of my computer where-in these errors occur. But its really just a guess.

Thats about all i can think of right now, if i forgot to include important information, do not hesitate to point out my error.
    Thanks for the assistance
    Regards,
    Ommy

I apolagize for the sloppy posting on my behalf and will gladly make changes if there is a problem.

2. ommy

ommy TS Rookie Topic Starter

possible solution

The problem could be a faulty driver for the nforce4 chip on my motherboard, i havent really tested my system now but i havent had any errors since i corrected this.

3. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 2,044

4. ommy

ommy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for helping, i couldn't make any sense out of the dumps and i'm very glad you could :) Thanks again.
    \o/
    Regards,
    Ommy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.