sudden restarts, blue screens during boot up -> what's broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, hey 'cpc2004'!
i have problems with my machine for some time now.

MSI 845PEMax2
P4, 2.8 GHz, FSB 533Mhz (Northwood)
2x Kingston KVR333X64C25/512
MSI 6600GT-VTD128 (AGP)
Maxtor 6L040J2 (2 partitions, System & Games) and 6Y080L0 (Storage) HDDs
M-Audio Delta 2496

from hanging up when playing games, to restarts within a frame to blue screens during boot up and even blue screens when installing WinXPProSP2 after formatting HDD, all 'randomly'.
it's getting me puke: by now !
i thought it must have something to do with my RAM, or so.
i tested around, switching RAM slots, put one out etc... it seemed like the 1st and 2nd RAM-slots on the MoBo were broken, cause both modules worked fine on the 3rd one.
i just bought the latest MSI 478 board (875P Neo FISR) but the problems continue as above.

i have 3 minidumps from the last few days, written into debuglogs.
it may discover my black sheeps, hopefully.
thx in advance,
ernesto

Hi,

The SystemResourceList is corrupt. Probably it is caused by faulty ram. Two minidumps are crashed with Bugcheck code 24. It maybe caused by corrupt NTFS chains. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt.

You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
2. Downclock the ram
3. Clean the dust inside the computer case
4. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

Resource @ nt!PiEngineLock (0x80558b60) Available
WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Flink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.
WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Blink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.

hi! :wave:
and thx for the quick reply!
i ran that CHKDSK-thing, which found a faulty cluster in some file (had the No. 10493, i guess) on my System-HDD. it wrote something in this file:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR"
i don't know what this means, if it's some serius error, or just something that happens. you may tell me, please?

concerning memory, the seeking is over! i checked my two RAM-modules seperately with MemTest86+ (i already tried to do so yesterday, but it didn't work somehow) and one module finished with over 550 errors (most in Test #6).
the 2nd module had none. :eek:
i'll head for my dealer, claiming warranty for that error-stick, but i'm not sure what this faulty cluster on my hdd is about.
thx so far,
ernesto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back