Jul 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys, I have this PC with this spec:

RAM - 2x kingston 2GB DDR3
    VGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTS250
    MB - GIGABYTE S-SERIES GA-P41T-ES3G
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
    PSU - SimCool 430W

My problem is that my PC starts to give me sudden shut down problem. no warning, no nothing, just shut down like when we pull the power plug.

I went to the shop where I bought this PC to check for any hard drive error, and they said nothing is wrong with it. they gave me a new power cable, the PC lasted for a 1 or 2 days without the problem.

And then now it started to give me this problem all over again.

Any comments or speculation on where the problem is?
    anything i need to know to fix this?

Thanks for the help guys =)

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

It could be any number of issues. What are your system temperatures? Sudden shut-downs can be caused by an overheating CPU.

Use HWMonitor to check your temps. If they're under control then it may be a problem with the PSU.

3. cubex

cubex TS Rookie Topic Starter

the cpu temp after the shut down is only 37 degree. system temp is 30 degree

4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

After the shutdown will give no indication. You'll have to see what the temperatures are like just before your PC shuts down.

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Replace that SimCool PS with a good one, such as Corsair, FSP group, Sparkle, Antec, OCZ, and I'll bet the problem goes away