TechSpot

Suggest a new processor please

By techhahn
May 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Does this motherboard support AMD processors.??
    if no then suggest me a better intel processor which supports mac os, run heavy applications smoothly( eg:adobe after effects) ....
    n costs around $90

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Its intel, chipsets are not interchangeable so it'd Intel only:
    Can't do that because we don't know what CPU you are using now.

Thats a rather tall order for $90

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,668   +1,871

4. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 861   +45

I could be totally wrong here, but isn't it written somewhere in the rules or regulations that Apple ships with it's O.S.'s, that installing a mac O.S. on a non mac or Apple machine is against the law? Plus isn't the install DVD for Apple written in a slightly different DVD code, a code that all I.B.M. compatible based machines with their CD-ROM drives can't read? I don't know, I'm probably just spitting in the wind here!

5. captaincranky

Could both both statements be true? Could you be spitting into the wind and be right all at the same time?

There is a thing called a "Hackintosh", it isn't "legal", and given the phraseology and syntax of our OP's original question, I doubt that he could pull it off anyway.

"Hackie" @ Wikie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86

Before I forget Zen, the "royals" (Will & Kate) are going to visit California soon. That said, try and be on your best "behav-i-o-u-r".

6. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Just a gentle reminder to all that discussions regarding Hackintosh systems are not allowed, so if we could keep from mentioning it, it would be appreciated as I'd rather not lock a helpful thread. :)

7. techhahn

techhahn TS Rookie Topic Starter

right now i am using celeron 450

8. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Well then almost anything is going to be an upgrade, I think you should go with Cap said and wait for a deal on the E7500 C2D, its not going to give you stellar performance in an intense programs (anything Adobe) but its the start of CPU's that will perform competently. The nice thing about the E7XXX line is that it is a great OC'er, although your MB and PSU may not allow much of one.

Hope that was helpful.

9. captaincranky

Take note, as soon as you go higher in number than the E7300, the motherboard will most likely need a BIOS update.

Since I've never heard of "WIPRO" boards, I can't comment on the state of current CPU support, or the availability of BIOS updates.

10. techhahn

you are right buddy, there are no BIOS updates available on their website...

so do i need to change the board..?????

11. techhahn

just a random quiestion

E7300 is better then AMD Athlon X2 and X3.....????