Suggestion for fixing decreased Internet speed for wireless routers

bwarren97

Ok, so I have a Cisco Linksys E2000 Wireless router. Over the past month I have been experiencing severe internet speed loss, due to troubles with the router, and the temporary fix for it, untill now, was rebooting it.
I have recently found out that the problem causing this, was heat! Yes, HEAT! The router kept getting too hot.
So, what I did, for now, is I made a prop for it to raise it up off of the table a little bit, then took a little space heater (set to Cool), and stuck it in front of it.
Now, I believe I have fixed the problem, because I have not experienced any more bitrate loss, yet.

I am planning on rigging a computer fan to it, because this small space-fan is proving to be too powerful to be an efficient fix (it's blowing cold air, rather than warmer air like you see with computers and consoles). The only problem is, it's my parents' router, and I will have to figure something out that won't modify it at all...

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem!

I have the same router Linksys E2000 Wireless router. It never gets very hot. Where do you have yours sitting. If it getting that hot you need to put a fan on it. It very well may be going bad.

Back