Suggestions for a new laptop?

By GNS1310
Sep 20, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm still trying to fix mine (see the post below...took it apart/put it together twice and it does nothing, not sure what I'm missing). If anyones an pro at rebuilding these things and wants to set up a Skype/AIM/yahoo chat or whatever to try and help me out, lemmie know!

Was told just to buy a new one, won't cost me a penny. I dont need anything big (old one is an Inspiron 9300, 17" screen...doesnt need to be that big for sure). I would like a built in webcam, a decent one. I'm mainly going to use it for poker, Skype, and surfing the 'net. All of my movies/music/etc are on my desktop. Seems like I could spend a little and get more than enough for what I need. I bought the 1st one on Dell.com, got a $750 off any purchase over $2000 (coulda been $2500) coupon that I found online, with an instant savings as well. Bought a monster latop (at the time) and saved a ton on it. Probably looking to spend less than $1000 which seems easy enough. Any suggestions? Any deals I should jump on? Stick to Dell or maybe try Ebay? Amazon?
    Thanks!
  2. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

unless your buying a dell xps i would not buy from them they have poor customer support and they seem to have a bad reputation of that in general.
  3. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.