Suggestions for replacement printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time contributor, please help. Have an HP deskjet 940C; have read paper problems and cartridge problems of others here. Have a similar problem with 'new' cartridge not being accepted-from eink4u.com. Ink level shows ink is there, but the no ink light keeps angrily beeping away. Any help on this would be appreciated. However, it seems many are not happy with this printer. Any suggestions for a dependable and reasonably priced replacement that won't suck me dry on ink cartridges?
Thanks!

replacement printer

I had several HP printers, and they're ok, but there are some better ones out there. My latest printer is a Canon i860. It does a great job on text and cranks out really nice quality photos so its an all around good machine. One nice thing about it is that each color cartridge is independent of the others so you only replace the ones that run out. My experience so far has been that they all run out around the same time, so I don't know if that's a real benefit or not. I know that waterproof inks are available for the printer, so you don't have to worry about pictures being damaged by water.
One odd thing about the printer is that it sits and whirrs and clicks and makes all kinds of sounds before it starts a print job.

A freind has an Epson, though I don't know the model. It does a pretty nice job on photos as well. But even with the odd warm-up of the Canon, its my choice.

If you've noticed though, printers are a heck of a deal. You can get incredible ability in a printer for less than $200. They can practically give them away because you have to buy ink for them. My sister-in-law bought a small Epson printer that actually cost less than the ink cartridges it took! I think the real money for the manufacturers is in the cartridges.

Hi I have a Epson Stylus C84 Printer It Prints Very Good Photos and its Pretty fast I bought it new at epson.com for $99.99 with a $20.00 dollar mail in rebate you can buy your cartridges genuine at epson.com but

I buy my ink cartridges for it here http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/epsoncomps_c80.html

I buy my ink here http://www.flash--fill.com/home.htm

You can refill the epson originals But the refill friendly cartridges work better I buy after-market refill friendly ink cartridges I refill my ink cartridges but in order to refill them you must buy the MIS SK168 Universal Chip Resetter. I bought mine here http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/qb7.html

For $ 19.99 to Reset the chip back to full again if you dont reset the chip the printer will say that the cartridge is empty. The main thing is to refill the cartridge before it's empty if you don't your looking for trouble

Some people say that if you dont use genuine ink that the quality isn't as good but ive refilled them with generic ink and the quality looks just as good to me

you might not want to refill the cartridges but I figured this might help some-one :grinthumb Ryan

This is the link if you want to look at the printer http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=36033903

I used to have a HP Deskjet 690C color printer. The running costs of it were almost prohibitive. So I changed to a black laser-printer.
Looked around for a new colour-printer for a long time, and think I got the best available budget-printer: Canon Pixma iP4000. Bought it for €125.-
It has all separate cartridges, which are dirt-cheap to replace.
In the US they are apparently supplied without the CD-printing tray, for copyright reasons.

If you don't use an Epson-printer regularly, its cartridges clog up very quickly. Makes them expensive to run!

Real Black stuff

I know what your saying about how the cartridges can get cloged up one time I didn't refill the cartridges before they were empty and it was a pain But since then I refill the cartridges before ther empty and I haven't had any problems But the HP printers have the print-head on the cartridge same with Lexmark and the Epson printers the print-head is inside the printer and if you print a-lot you can Buy the CFS

This is the link if you want to look at it http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/cobra.html

Ryan ;)

I have a hp 940 i have had for years and have only purchased maybe two cartridges and that was because i let htem go dry . now i try to remember to refill them once every week or two depending on how much printing i do and have no problems

Meredog

I have a Hp Desk Jet 672 C And I just refilled the color cartridge and it works great actualy I got the printer for free

I just had to buy the AC adapter and the ink cartriges but I got them for $10.00 each Black & Color

since then I just refill them Its not the best printer for photos but it prints good text and graphics but what do you expect from a old printer ;)

moosereader said:
First time contributor, please help. Have an HP deskjet 940C; have read paper problems and cartridge problems of others here. Have a similar problem with 'new' cartridge not being accepted-from eink4u.com. Ink level shows ink is there, but the no ink light keeps angrily beeping away. Any help on this would be appreciated. However, it seems many are not happy with this printer. Any suggestions for a dependable and reasonably priced replacement that won't suck me dry on ink cartridges?
Thanks!

Moosereader

I know a friend who has a canon S400 printer it prints good and the cartridges are pretty cheap :)

is the gold contacts inside the printer clean you can take a q-tip and put some clean water on it and clean the contacts inside the printer

or the contacts on the cartridge or the printer are damaged

Is the cartridge you bought black or color

Is it Oringinal-Oem or remanufactured I herd that alot of the Hp C6578 remanufactured color cartridges are defective :(

Ryan

I know I listed a couple replacement printers and the only reason I listed The web site for buying ink is because Its the cheapest place that I know of to buy ink ;)

and I thought it might help someone that refills ther cartridges :grinthumb

Ryan :grinthumb

Hi I recently purchased a Canon Smartbase mp360 all in one printer scanner copier and it`s great.

The cost was £100.00 or about $150.

Photos are superb even on plain paper the scanner seems to do quite a good job too, and the cartridges are quite cheap £5.99 black £11.99 colour and that`s for Canon or £2.99 black £5.99 colour if you want generic ones.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back