Super-dim monitor - HP Pavillion dv6910us

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is less than a month old--so that is the good news. The bad news is that upon turning it on last night, the monitor is so dark that I can barely see the images. I checked the brightness...all says it is functioning well. I have it hooked up to a regular monitor--which is actually how I intend to use it most of the time...but this is nuts. I haven't found anyone else with this problem.

I bought a second of these for my boyfriend who is taking it to Germany--his is fine, and we compared the two computers' settings--they are identical. There is no explanation, other than the monitor is not working.

I hope it is something minor (such as something I did and don't realize it)...otherwise, I'll be taking it back and getting another computer since I just got the darn thing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Carolyn

If you tried another monitor on your computer it's fine, then there's something wrong with the new one. All computer manufacturer have a default 90 warranty on all hardware. Take it back to the store and either have them test it or replace it.

-- Andy

Andy, thanks...that is what I suspect will be the smartest course of action. I love this laptop--it is awesome--but I kinda want to be able to take it with me to B&N and such... I'll take it back tomorrow. They just better have another one to switch out.

C

1 month old? time for a warranty repair - and do it ASAP.

Yup, and that's where it is--getting fixed. Argh. They say it is the backlight--swear up and down it is VERY RARE...and honestly on this machine i couldn't find a single complaint about this very thing. Just the luck of the draw--and the second computer (bought 2 of this model) is just fine. I can't think that I bumped it or anything...but something happened.

I will get it back later this week--and miss it TERRIBLY.

Carolyn, on my son's ghetto cranky old laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back