TechSpot

SuperAntiSpyware question

By circusboy01
Jun 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Been meaning to ask this for a while. But. I always seem to have more important problems.
    In SAS should I have" Activate Scan Boost." checked or unchecked? Right below that. Should I choose "Low Boost" or "High Boost".

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,454   +242

I don't have " Activate Scan Boost " enabled but I'd think one isn't supposed to browse while scanning anyhow, although I'm guilty of surfing while scanning:eek: .
    My low boost is greyed out unless I click Active Scan Boost. Then I get the option.

3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 892   +12

Thanks a lot. That didn't help at all:D It just confused me. Why? you ask. Because I have Activate scan boost enabled and you don't. And both of us are happy with the way our SAS is working. So maybe it just doesn't matter that much. I just can't help thinking. Maybe my SAS would work even better than it does now if I had the low, high options set correctly.

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,857   +185

All Activate Scan boost . Dose is utilizes full power of your CPU. makes your scan go faster. But at the same times slows the rest of the compter down. I use low boost with it when scanning . Still scans fast but does not drain the computer so much.

5. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 892   +12

Thanks. I believe mineis already set on low boost. If not I will change it. Thanks a lot.

6. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,857   +185

your welcome

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.