SUPERAntispyware question

learninmypc

Does SAS Still have the program one can download it to a thumbdrive , put it in the infected computer & let it run? No install that I remember of, it just runs from the thumbdrive. If so, got a link? thanks.

It might. But I find that odd. I have two different version on one of my computers. One is the paid version the other one is the free version. They both work on one system . I have just been to lazy to remove the free one. Could it be that when you want to run the portable version you had the other one already started. ?

Conflict you can only use one on the system. Otherwise like they're fighting with each other.

It might. But I find that odd. I have two different version on one of my computers. One is the paid version the other one is the free version. They both work on one system . I have just been to lazy to remove the free one. Could it be that when you want to run the portable version you had the other one already started. ?
No, I only do my scans once a week. Its the free version. I was simply trying it because a friend was having problems with his pc so I wanted to refresh my memory. The free one wasn't running.

Tipstir is right , You can only run one at a time or you get a conflict. I have both on one of my Pcs but I have never ran them both at the same time. Nor do I allow them to start up when windows is started up.. The only thing I can think of is the portable one must have detected the files of the other one.

I like this freeware program. It's a mistake to get over attached to any security software so I'm always interested in something good that comes to light. SAS reveals how many cookies are picked up in a short period of time. It also found a nasty that Malwarebytes hadn't flagged up.

Tipstir is right , You can only run one at a time or you get a conflict. I have both on one of my Pcs but I have never ran them both at the same time. Nor do I allow them to start up when windows is started up.. The only thing I can think of is the portable one must have detected the files of the other one.
Thanks. :)

To the best of my recollection, "SAS"< (the freeware version), is one of the most annoying programs yet developed.

It doesn't have active protection, but it needs to run at startup.

Should you decide to disable it at boot, then it either takes forever to launch, or simply won't launch, when you want to do a scan with it.

I always advise people to simply leave, (especially passive ones), anti-malware programs installed after they've used them. Thereafter, all you have to do is update instead of reinstall, and many aren't using system resources when they're not running

SAS is a notable exception. I'd uninstall it as a matter of course, and use the portable version as needed.

Same here no problems at all. Learninmypc. From your picture you do have it set to run ar startup. You have the box check for it start when windows starts.

I wonder what, "do a full system scan at start-up", would do for your boot times? Especially with a couple of HDDs, and a couple hundred thousand .JPEG files.

It is nice however, that they let you opt out of showing the sales pitch on start-up.

Keep in mind I had and old version of SAS, or an even older XP SP-2 computer.

I don't know, but the harddrive on my W7 is a terrabyte & I do have hundreds of jpeg pics (maybe more). Never did bother to count them thou. :)

Yes the older version of SAS. In winXp was lousy to say the least. But as far as booting up with two hard drives. Don't think I would let it. I have never let it with just one hard drive. I myself prefer as little as possible in my boot up time.

Yes the older version of SAS. In winXp was lousy to say the least. But as far as booting up with two hard drives. Don't think I would let it. I have never let it with just one hard drive. I myself prefer as little as possible in my boot up time.
You do understand I was just musing about that whole boot thing, not suggesting it, don't you?

After installation the free version started up by default with Windows 7 but I just disabled it with msconfig. It's another useful one for the armoury.

Back