Superfetch service won't start and causes computer to be slow

Hello everyone,
I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it was a beast. I was extremely happy with it. Especially how quickly it would boot up. I eventually noticed, however, that the start up of my pc was getting extremely slow. I opened the event viewer and noticed that at the time of my computer startup, the superfetch service wouldnt be able to start up. It said:
The Superfetch service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
After doing quite a bit of research, I ran a hdd integrity test though the command prompt, emptied the prefetch cache. and even upgraded and re-installed the operating system. I also unplugged all harddrives and flashdrives while the computer booted up but that didnt help either. The service superfetch still fails to start. Occasionally, it did however start after I emptied the prefetch cache and my computer instantly, started up very fast. Like new again. But the next time I booted up my pc, it failed to start again. I want the service to be reliable and start every time. My specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
i5 760 processor
8 gigs of ddr3 1600 RAM
GTX 560ti
I have attached the event viewer report for the superfetch termination.

I am completely open to any suggestions. Id really like to get this fixed. Thank you in advance for any replys.
-Brian

Attachments

• Superfetch service terminated.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
Back