(supposably) mobo related shutdown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

The board in question is a 4 year old intel 845 chipset board by jetway. After having shutdown/bsod problems with it for a very long time, I finally looked inside and noticed about 5 or 6 bad caps on it.

I had replaced all the 6V caps (but did not replace 3 so-so looking 16v caps since I couldn't find them anywhere).

After doing this the machine worked perfectly for about 2 months.

After that period, I started getting shutdowns again, so I took the mobo to a lab and got the remaining 3 caps replaced as well. This time it didn't work though and I'm still getting random shutdowns every hour on average.

I've also run Memcheck for a few good passes - no errors.

What should I be checking for besides the bad caps? None of them are leaking or bloated at the moment, and don't heat up.

Thank you for your help!

edit: I should probably also say that both cpu and board temperatures are normal and wattage readings are within a 5% range of error (is that normal?).

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unless you`ve got another hardware problem, I`d say your best course of action is to replace the mobo.

Just because you`ve replaced the capacitors, doesn`t mean that the rest of the mobo is ok.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I believe the m/b is the most important component in the computer. It connects everything else to it, so getting a cheap m/b isn't the way to go if you're looking to reduce costs.

Big, established brands are usually the best, but that doesn't mean smaller brands can't produce the same results though. More bang for buck, but the risks are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back