Surround sound music software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

I have 5.1 set up on my computer. The problem I have is when playing music, it only comes through the 2 front speakers and the bass. The dolby digital movies and stuff come through on surround sound very well. Are there any software or anything to make the output come through all speakers other than SRS already have that.

Whether or not you will be able to have true surround sound is dependent on what motherboard you have. Older boards may require an add-in sound card. The software (driver) in modern boards will allow multi-channel sound. In newer boards, this can be by SPDIF, (Optical out,) which would need to go to a home theater receiver.

Newer boards also have more "re-taskable" standard mini-jacks to support direct connection to multiple computer type speakers.

But basically, if your board says it has 5.1 or 7.1 channel sound, then the correct software is supplied on the driver disc that came with the board. OR.....can be acquired from the board manufacturers website.

ok maybe i wasn't clear.. The surround sound is working and set up to through the speaker configuration. As with most Mp3 files they aren't exactly digital they are just 2 channel audio files. What i want is something that will output it on surround like SRS audio sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back