TechSpot

Survey: connected mobile devices outnumber people in U.S.

By Jos
Oct 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In case you needed more proof that the future of computing is mobile, a new study by the wireless trade group CTIA has found that for the first time the…

Read the whole story

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,127   +731

It says "327.6 million active phones, tablets and laptops on cellular network" Does that include Smartphones? Because only 28% of cell phones are smart phones. Might be the reason the avg wireless bill is only $47 a month, but no one offers a plan for that low that includes data. I know it says that amount includes data... someone please tell me where i can get a data and voice plan for $47/month.

3. This is the reason we need to go to/use IPv6.

4. And if all of these people using smart phones decide to get a new phones whenever they're eligible - as most people are likely to do - think of the huge amounts of e-waste we're creating. We live in a disposable culture, for sure.

5. Atham

Atham TS Enthusiast Posts: 520

Couldn't agree more. But isn't it the same with PC parts?

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,127   +731

I can' tspeak for all carriers, but Sprint offers you $150 off your bill if you return to them a working phone that you're no longer using because you upgraded. Every new phone I've ever bought comes with a self-addressed bag to mail my old one in for recycling.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.