TechSpot

Survey: connected mobile devices outnumber people in U.S.

By Jos
Oct 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In case you needed more proof that the future of computing is mobile, a new study by the wireless trade group CTIA has found that for the first time theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,690   +1,068

It says "327.6 million active phones, tablets and laptops on cellular network" Does that include Smartphones? Because only 28% of cell phones are smart phones. Might be the reason the avg wireless bill is only $47 a month, but no one offers a plan for that low that includes data. I know it says that amount includes data... someone please tell me where i can get a data and voice plan for $47/month.

3. This is the reason we need to go to/use IPv6.

4. And if all of these people using smart phones decide to get a new phones whenever they're eligible - as most people are likely to do - think of the huge amounts of e-waste we're creating. We live in a disposable culture, for sure.

5. Atham

Atham TS Enthusiast Posts: 460

Couldn't agree more. But isn't it the same with PC parts?

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,690   +1,068

I can' tspeak for all carriers, but Sprint offers you $150 off your bill if you return to them a working phone that you're no longer using because you upgraded. Every new phone I've ever bought comes with a self-addressed bag to mail my old one in for recycling.