TechSpot

Survey: e-reader adoption outpacing tablets in the U.S.

By Jos
Jun 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The number of people in the U.S. who own an e-reader such as Amazon's Kindle or Barnes & Noble's Nook has doubled in the past six months, according to a Pew…

Read the whole story
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 870   +129

I got an Amazon Kindle for graduation this past May. I don't see myself owning a tablet until maybe early 2013.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

We've got two NookColors in my home - one for my daughter and one for my wife. No tablets though.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,334   +382

"The number of people in the U.S. who own an e-reader such as Amazon's Kindle or Barnes & Noble's Nook has doubled in the past six months..."

That is an incredible statistic.
  5. interesting, but I wonder how many of those nooks are pretending to be tablets by running android
  6. RLJSlick

RLJSlick Newcomer, in training

No kidding since eBooks are about a 1/3 the price of tablets, no duh!
  7. e-readers seem to have a real purpose, while tablets don't have a real market yet. They may look cool but don't really deliever, kind of like netbooks. Time will tell how everything settles out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.