Not sure if this is in the right forum but it could fit into several. I have been looking at a pc running win 98se connected to the internet via a usb modem and a broadband connection (Orange) The problem is that it happily connects to the net and will open some pages but not all, if you open google it will search on any subject in fractions of a second but if you go to open sites it is very hit and miss whether they open. If you type an address into the address bar it won't open the site. I put a payg dial up connection on the pc and any site will open without a problem as it should do. I have deleted the broadband software and reloaded it without any improvement. The fact it all works OK with a dial up connection suggests that there is not much at fault with IE6 or that there may be virus or spyware problem, I ran a AVG scan and found nothing. The only problems I could find with the machine are that the hard drive is over 90% full, it is only a 810MB after all. I deleted all cookies and temporary files. At the moment I cannot think of anything else to try so have turned to you guys for help.