SvcHost.exe - Help me? D=

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGrimx

Now, I have a basic understanding of what 'svchost.exe' is. It's a Generic Host Process used by a bunch of different programs.

Easy enough.

My problem is that on my main computer, I generally have 4-6 going at one time. One of them constantly crashes, gives me the 'Report This Error?' window, and then screws up my performance for the rest of the time I'm on the compy. If I reset, it's fine... until that svchost.exe crashes again.

How do I know which is the problem, and how can I tell what programs are using it to function? Also, I've heard of some Worm.Blaster virus that could be the problem, since it afflicts the same program, but I ran Symantec's removal tool and it found nothing!

If it helps any, I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 2 with all of the newest updates, including the newest security update that's supposed to 'fix' my issue.

Help?

It depends what it`s associated with. If it`s a Windows system file, then maybe a Windows repair would be the way to go.

Instructions for doing a Windows repair can be found HERE, should it prove necessary.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back