Swapped monitors, now no VGA signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Guys,

Apologies in advance if this has been convered before, I did search the forums for about an hour for an answer to my problembut nothing seemed to fit :D

Yesterday my monitor (which I think is technically a flat screen TV with VGA input) went black, then cam back green - as though there was a lime green filter over everything.

I looked around and the general concecus in previous threads was that it was the cord that connects the monitor and computer so I checked on another compter and got the same green screen (yay - not a computer issue!)

Then I check the cable by connecting my computer to another monitor with it, no problem, so not my cable. From here I think I'm pretty safe assuming it's an issue with the VGA adaptor thingy on my screen? haha, you may have guessed but I'm not really technically minded.

Anyway, I have the same TV in my living room so I've switched the two because the TV/DVD inputs were still fine on the 'broken' screen.

My problem now is that the new tv (from the living room) is now coming up with "no VGA signal" constantly and I can't fix it. When I initially set up the comp/screen a couple of years ago I had the same problem but I can't remember how it got fixed.

Can any of you think of anything I might be overlooking or any reason this should be happening?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back