Swapping out master drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethe8lf

Is there a way (or is there an easy/the easiest way) I can take all the contents of my C drive, put in into another one (G drive), and then make my G become my C, or something to that effect without having to reinstall anything or go through hours of updates?

I think my C drive has just about had it.

I have a trial version of Acronis and I made an image (it took 19 hours for an 80gig HDD) and I put it on my external hard drive. Now what?

19hrs is way too long, unless it was 80Gig full or something :confused:

Anyway, the image is an exact copy, bootable and all (if you imaged the main bootable harddrive)

That's it.

Anyway, obviously you already knew about imaging :confused:

So I'm guessing just format G, ctrl+c/ctrl+v the contents of the image on to there, swap it out as master and I'm good to go?

all the contents of my C drive, put in into another one (G drive), and then make my G become my C

If you just plug in your originally labeled G Drive, and remove the original C drive

The Drive should be exactly the same as what C was before (and it will say C drive, instead of G)

Basically, if you have done it correctly (19hrs not sure!)
Then you have now got two duplicate drive systems
But you must test it first.

If you just plug in your originally labeled G Drive, and remove the original C drive

The Drive should be exactly the same as what C was before (and it will say C drive, instead of G)

Basically, if you have done it correctly (19hrs not sure!)
Then you have now got two duplicate drive systems
But you must test it first.

Right on, then.

The reason it took 19 hours was because the drive is dying, since it's been used basically 24/7/365 for the past 3 years since I bought it.

Worked without a hitch, apart from when I mistook one drive for another and lost a hard-drive jumper, but was redundant because it turns out my SATA HDD was my G drive, not my E.

Whoops. All good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back