Swapping parts and now I'm running into all kinds of problems

OCSS_Andrew

Okay, so what I did was remove parts from my original pc and replaced them with parts from a prebuilt HP case. I all I did was change the motherboard, CPU and memory into my case. I kept my CPU fan, psu and video card.

The problems I'm running into is that that on the mb boot screen, f10 is unresponsive. Secondly after that a screen comes up and says that the system fan isn't working, but I have that set up differently where it's hooked up through the pus rather directly to the motherboard. Through troubles of trying to get to the bios, it comes up with no fan options, so for a temporary fix I hook up the old CPU fan into the system fan pins on the mobo.

Now it gets messy. Option for a startup repair or normal start up is given, but for whatever reason my keyboard is barely responsive to the choices, or it will go into a loop where I have to gamble which choice I want. If I get to start up normally the windows 7 screen will show up saying loading, but then 2 seconds later it freezes and loops to the bios again.

I really need help, this is my personal pc and I'd like to get it up and running soon.

Back