Switching Between Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam111291

On My Windows XP I have a feature which enables me to switch users whilst on another persons user as well.

However, i can do this but when i try to go back to the other user my screen turns it self off and acts like its in stand-by.

Ive pressed every key on the keyboard but to no avail. So usually i have to turn off the computer and reboot.

Also where you have shared documents through my user i can access my mums and dads users, but if im on my mums user or my dads user they cant access my documents how can i make my user shared so other users can see my documents.

Can You Please Help Me With This Ill Be Very Grateful

Hibernate Reply

When I Did The Following Start-->Control Panel-->PowerOptions-->Hibernate I Went To Untick Enable Hibernate And It Was Already Unticked.

The Power Options Are All Set To Never Turn Off.

The Screen Saver Is Set For 30 minutes Of In-Activity. On Resume It Doesnt Display The Log On Screen,

Can be the refresh rate in video settings too high, or the graphics size too large.
Can be the onboard Video has not been disabled in CMOS or device manager

On some laptops this Switch User option never seems to work well
Some info here: http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dum...-XP-Home-Logoff-Primer.id-3451,subcat-OS.html

It may be better to just disable it in services.msc, and use Logoff instead

I would also recommend to stop as many applications running as possible before switching, but this kind of defeats the purpose.

Start-->Run--> Services.msc
Maximize the Services window
Scroll down to "Fast User Switching Compatibility"
Double click on it to open it
Change Startup type: Disabled
You can also Stop the service
Apply OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back