Switching memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kora8

My E: has a free 12 gigs and I was wondering if I could somehow switch that to my C: The C: doesn't have enough memory to complete the task I have to do. Thanks.

My E: has a free 12 gigs and I was wondering if I could somehow switch that to my C: The C: doesn't have enough memory to complete the task I have to do. Thanks.
Sounds as though you might really mean "disk space" and not "memory".

Windows and Program Files (and by default all those "My Document" folders for all users) are saved on the "C:" drive on your hard disk. Sounds like you don't have enough free space left on the disk for Windows to do its job.

You'll need to delete and/or move stuff to free up space (i'd say you should give yourself a minimum 1GB free space on your hard drive)

You can use a tool like Cleaner to clean up junk system files (but you might want to change its default settings to not remove your cookies.. review all its check boxes/options)

Also, advise you only move your personal files/folders.. And what type of storage and what physical device is E:?I s E: a 2nd hard drive?? Or is your hard drive partitioned to C: and E:? Or is E: removable media? (for example a flash drive) So be careful if you do move any of your personal files and folders, you know what type of storage you're moving it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back