Switching users, locking xp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxLairdxX

Hey guys, my brother is borrowing my laptop for a trip up north tommorow morning so quick help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Alright, so i only got this laptop about a month ago and have been the sole user so i haven't run into this before. I tried to make a new profile for my brother to use, but for some strange reason whenever I log out it goes to the login screen and has the two boxes, one for username, one for password. Now the problem is that right above that is says the the computer is locked and can only be unlocked by the administrator (me). So i cannot sign into any other profile but my own. I tried to change the options so it would go to the other login screen where the user are listed on the screen and you only have to type the password but that doesn't work either. It does not even get to that screen, it just goes to the same login screen and says it is locked.

If anybody can tell me how to unlock my laptop it would be greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance for any help you can give!

I had this problem and fixed it. unhelpful as I cant remember how but dont panic there is a solution. can you create a password for the other user through your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back