Sylvania mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have a sylvania mp3 player model SMP1002. It was given to me by a friend and it seems to work fine but there is a red light on it that keeps flashing. i haven't been able to find out much on the product myself only that when its charged there shouldn't be a light apparently. Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. thank you.

I can't help you per se and I am sure that someone here can possibly help you. However, in case you don't get a response I highly suggest that you check out www.anythingbutipod.com and inquire there. It is a very active MP3 Player community with many forums.

Any help would be awesome..

i have a Sylvania MP3 player, model smp1002. I have spent a week searching for anything to help me with it. I can't find anything. I can't even find a website for them. I just have a couple of questions and if someone knows the answers or how to get the answers that would be super.

So first of all there is a flashing red light that won't go away on the device. I am pretty sure it should not be flashing all the time.

Also, when it was first given to me I connected it to my computer and it showed up in WMP fine. I erased the songs added my own and it worked more or less ok... other than the flashing light. Now when I plug it in it will not show up in WMP but I do see it if I look under my computer. I have a windows vista os... i know i know. :p

If anyone can help me at all that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

This is the site www.curtisint.com that sells your particular mp3 player. But there is no firmware updates for it and a very simple manual.

The little red flashing light isn't a battery low indicator or something(just a guess). Also this is the link to their faq section. It only has a couple of questions relating to your mp3 player(how to charge it, how to format it). I'd suggest you try formatting it as there isn't many other choices at the moment.

I don't have windows vista but the general procedure to format is something like find the mp3 player under my computer, right click and format is in the menu somewhere(pick either FAT or FAT32 as the file system, either one is fine according to their website). Keep in mind that formatting will delete all the songs from the mp3 player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back