TechSpot

Symantec Ghost error msg.

By vonnymcd13
Jan 2, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I am definately out of my league here I am not a computer head I wish I were but it is over my head. Regardless I am trying to help my sister w/her system I have managed to learn how to reinstall an os but w/her situation I am at a loss. She has an E-Machine and as soon as we get to the part where it is suppose to be reformatting her HD it comes up w/a screen that says Symantec Ghost error, now it's suppose to say symantec but this ghost error won't let us do anything. I am assuming this is a worm or a virus of some sort. Is there anything I can do to help as she cannot get online so I am her link to the computer world. The exact error msg she is getting is: cannot open R../t2085.ghost apllication error 11.000 invalid dump file I would appreciate any help on this as I am way over my head here. Thanks for your time.
    Vonny
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.