Symantec Ghost templates for Optiplex 755 and d630 d830

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my IT shop has gotten in alot of new Dell D630's and Dell Optiplex 755s. These machines are very nice, and Dell treats us well. To our suprise, symantec ghost could not netbind with either of these. After alot of looking on various forums, I found out that I needed to update the drivers for these, and the templates needed to be edited...etc.

We use symantec ghost v11. I figure alot of people have Dell contracts, and would appreciate these being uploaded. In the zip files are updated templates for the BCM57xx and Intel Pro 1000 drivers. I have added the pci-IDs of each to mcassist.cfg, and loaded the newest dos drivers from Broadcom and Intel. These templates replace those in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Ghost\Templates

It took me a while to solve these problems, as I have never worked with Ghost and maybe others don't have my difficulty. Hope google hits this though.

Rhys
[Zip attached]

Attachments

• BCM57xx_IntelPro1000templates.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 502
Thanks Rhys Rhaven.

Another option may have been to install another Network PCMCIA card and then Ghost from that.
But your way is better

Also shouldn't Dell provide these drivers? Not Symantec update their program.

Rhys Rhaven said:
So my IT shop has gotten in alot of new Dell D630's and Dell Optiplex 755s. These machines are very nice, and Dell treats us well. To our suprise, symantec ghost could not netbind with either of these. After alot of looking on various forums, I found out that I needed to update the drivers for these, and the templates needed to be edited...etc.

We use symantec ghost v11. I figure alot of people have Dell contracts, and would appreciate these being uploaded. In the zip files are updated templates for the BCM57xx and Intel Pro 1000 drivers. I have added the pci-IDs of each to mcassist.cfg, and loaded the newest dos drivers from Broadcom and Intel. These templates replace those in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Ghost\Templates

It took me a while to solve these problems, as I have never worked with Ghost and maybe others don't have my difficulty. Hope google hits this though. FYI, I use Ghost 8.3.0.1331

Rhys
[Zip attached]

It worked great for me. Thanks a bunch. I did get this thread from google, but it was about on the 5th page. I tried with floppies, but on the second floppy it stayed on "loading". I was able to burn an iso and it worked! Now I just need it on a thumb drive.

Some Help

When I tried to download and unzip the folder, error message, The Compressed folder is invalid or corrupt. Any one else have this issue? If so, can you please re-copy the zip folder to the thread.

Hmmm, not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I save the zip file, then extract it to the Templates path, message appears that states, No Files to Extract.
Can someone please re-add the zip files or better yet, add the mcassist.cfg files?

Does this work?

Actually I just noticed the files are hidden in broadcom.zip
Damn I should have changed the attribute!
Anyway, just show all file in folder options

Attachments

• Broadcom.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IntelPRO.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 79
I just downloaded both, and unzipped them ok

So they are working (Windows version for downloading doesn't matter)

Hi,

I keep getting error messages (not a valid archive) trying to extract these zip files. Anyone managed to get these files working?

Thanks

What are you using to create the zip files?

ok...got it working with winrar

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
Actually I used WinRAR to zip them up (using zip extension)
There were a few Zip handling programs linked in this post
One of them is bound to work

Edit:

I had a few users state they extracted the archive to a new folder
Then added the Zip extension on to the extracted file
And then extracted it again, which then works.
I'm not sure why this happens?

Howdy fellas,

I've been messing around with the 755 boot disk for about a month on and off. I simply cannot get this to work!

I have a d630 Ghost boot disk that boots just fine(aside from network options being greyed out) so it's not as if I haven't successfully built one of these before. That said, I have no idea where I'm going wrong.

I've tried to follow the iSchool Tech page to the T yet Roxio 9 is a bit different then 5 and making a disc bootable seems to work differently.

What I'm asking is for somebody to just shoot me an ISO of the Optiplex 755 Ghost Network Boot CD. If anybody could that would be incredibly helpful to me as I am on a deadline.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back