Symantec: Stuxnet existed two years earlier than anyone realized

By Shawn Knight
Feb 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A new report from security firm Symantec highlights the discovery of a new version of the Stuxnet virus that crippled Iran’s nuclear enrichment program. The most recent finding predates the earliest known instance of the cyber weapon by two years,...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,014   +683

Thanks Symantec for making this known to us all. Now Iran can get rid of it and get back to building a nuke.
  3. Sphynx

Sphynx Newcomer, in training Posts: 35

I take everything Symantec says with a grain of salt. Symantec is in the business of selling you stuff. It issues "reports" to keep its name in the press. Accuracy of those reports? Questionable at best.
  4. sabrinasai

sabrinasai Newcomer, in training

I have noticed all time that symantec wants to have them in all news so that they can bring back their old users too.. While taking antivirus I would suggest you people to go with an antivirus that suits your configuration and features of your system, presently am using comodo!
  5. No, thanks to an Iranian customer who discovered this anomaly and submitted it to VirusBlokAda, an anti-virus company based in Belarus, who then made this known to us all. Also, Iran has already gotten rid of it even before anti-virus vendors worldwide issued a fix for it. Needless to say, Stuxnet didn't really achieve its objective so it was an operational failure despite media reports to the contrary.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.