System Alert Popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm have not been successful in removing this application from my Add/Remove Program section. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This is doing the rounds at the moment, I saw it for the first time yesterday. The good news is it`s easy to get rid of.

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Then, go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log, along with the Autoruns log as attachments.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of EstaLoca3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is clean.

Go to add remove programmes and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Video ActiveX Object

Close control panel.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for running the Ccleaner programme.

Once done, run the Cleaner programme and click the Tools button. Click the system alert popup entry in the list of installed programmes and click the Delete entry button. Close Ccleaner.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your system.

Let me know the outcome and if you`re still having any problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of EstaLoca3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Completed all the steps

I successfully completed all the steps. I believe I am all clear of the System Alert Popup software. Thank you for the help!!

That`s great news.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back