Inactive System check virus has ruined my PC

I saw the two threads about it and did everything, but my PC still freezes sometimes when I turn it on. I've scanned with everything I can and its good for now, but the main problem is that my wireless isn't working. I've examined it deeply and came up with the solution that something may infected my services, as half of them are not running (but set to automatic) and this can also cause the PC to freeze up when it boots. What should I do ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Also I tried to reinstall my Windows XP Professional (im running asus EEE pc and i have no optical drive) via USB, but when I try to reinstall it says that my drive C is corrupted and cannot be repaired, but its working fine with the old windows (xp prof).

After running ComboFix for a third time, it detected a ZeroAccess virus. It was successfuly removed and now I have internet access again. I also installed Avast! antivirus on my PC. I will monitor the thread, because the freezing is still active sometimes when I boot.

Let's get off to a better start: It's not li
kyly that thos rogue has really ruined the system- m

First, if you do have System Check rogue malware, it will give you alerts and messages to make you think you have multiple problems> the scam being to create enough havoc so that you will click on their link which tells you they'll fix the problems.

it is not likely that your C drive is corrupt- this is on of the 'standard' messages that these rogue programs give. Rather the malware has more likely just thrown a monkey wrench into it so you will think you need to get their program to fix it! So stop trying to reinstall as you are and let's try to go about removing this malware the right way.

Please Note: You are not suppose to follow directions given to someone else- find the sticky at the top of this forum that tells you that.
============================================
You tell me you have the System Check malware- maybe you do or maybe you have another rogue with similar symptoms, so here's what I need to know:
1. Can you boot the computer into Normal mode and access the internet?
2. Do you have a 'clean' flash drive (USB)?
3. Can you Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networkingoption when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
==========================================
If #1: Follow this using Normal Mode:
Please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links. Exception: if you downloaded any of the programs I specify recently, from the links we give you, you can update and run the scan from that install.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
---------------------------------
If #2: Do the following first:
Connect the flash drive to a working computer and disinfect it first:
Please disinfect all movable drives
  1. Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
    Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings
  3. The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  4. Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  5. Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
--------------------------------------------
For #3, if the only way you can use the computer is in Safe Mode, follow boot directions and download the scans to the flash drive. Then connect it to the infected computer. Run the preliminary scans as in #1 and save to logs from each to post in your next reply.
=============================================
Please give me a list of the programs you previously ran.
====================================
What you may experience with System Check:
If you are infected with System Check it is important that you do not delete any files from your Temp folder or use any temp file cleaners
  • System Check is a fake (Rogue) computer analysis and optimization program.
  • The 'alerts' tell you the problems have lead to corrupt and missing data> do not click on these alerts
  • It will display false error messages and security warnings.Do not click on these messages
  • It "hides" Icons, desktop, programs and files so that they appear to be missing and some programs can't be run
  • This can be installed through hacked sites that exploit vulnerabilities on the system or through fake online scanner pages
  • The malware is configured to automatically start when you logon to Windows.
  • It can also be started if you click on any of these alerts.
Note: You may not experience all of the above, but it is important to tell me what problems you do have.
=========================================
Use #3 if it is the only way you can run the scans.

I will give you the appropriate special scans when I review the logs from Mbm, GMER and the 2 logs from DDS.
=========================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

Back