System/config missing/corrupted

By bakurayuri
Nov 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I am having a problem related to graphic card, but today, the problem become worse. Now, I can't turn on my computer. I have two hard disk at home (one is xp, another is 7), but I normally used XP. Today when I turned on XP, it show me error related to system/config ("Windows cannot start because of missing or corrupt file:\windows\system32\config\system").

I tried to start at safe mode, but still the error popped up. So I tried to reformat, but blue screen of death "bad_pool_caller" popped up. In the end, I plug in my window 7 hard disk instead of xp. I turned it on, but stuck in loading screen. Tried safe mode and it worked. Tried to reformat but bad_pool_caller popped up. So what should I do ? It is strange, I don't know whether graphic card or my motherboard is damage. I couldn't do anything right now ... except safe mode in window 7 ...
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

Do you have your Windows disks?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.