System Error - Category 102 - Event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknobs

I am having some issues with my work computer and bluescreens. Can anyone help.
Here are the crash mini dumps.

Attachments

• Mini060310-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini053010-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini032210-01.dmp
  • Mini031010-01.dmp
When do these issues occur, i.e. randomnly or when you are doing something specific and if specific what?

What version of ESET are your running?

These errors are random. Sometimes the PC will bluescreen and not create a crashdump. ESET is version 4.0.417.0

Thanks for any help, the crashes are becoming more and more frequent.

I just installed version 4 and love it. I was running version 2 for four years but that is being phased out.

Anyway, your issue is sounding like you have possible corrupted memory. Run the free and safe memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

I ran version two for a long time as well. Really liked the simplicity of the GUI, but I really like 4 too. Recommend it to everyone that will listen.

Thanks for the tip on the RAM. I was starting to suspect that it might be the culprit. I did notice that the voltage set my the bios was .2v light. This PC has Crucial Ballistix and the recommended voltage is 2.0
It was running some loose timings so I left them loose and bumped the voltage up to +.2v to see if it helps. Been one day without any errors, but I will still run a test on the ram and report back with the results. If it is bad, I know that Crucial has great RMA service.

Thanks so much for your help.

Good to hear that it looks like at this point stability is present. You did the next step that I would have suggested if Memtest reported no errors: RAM voltage setting.

A lot of our corrupted memory dujmps have to do with motherboard not setting the memory to manufacture designed voltage setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back