System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting this system error and need help to resolved. I have attached my minidump files.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8054b51a, parameter3 a90ddb94, parameter4 00000000.

Attachments

• Mini042910-03.zip
    84.7 KB · Views: 2
The minidump files only cited Windows OS drivers as the probable cause and these are usually too general to be of much help.

However due to the error codes you can still do a good solid diagnostic step which running the completely free and safe Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back