System error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
got problems with my PC, my computer crashes and I keep getting an error message involving BCcode. System error Category (102) Event ID: 1003.

Any help would be really apreciated.

There are many, many, many error codes and reasons for system crashes. We need a lot more information in order to help you to resolve your issue(s). b
Begin by...

1. Giving us your system specs including what OS you are running as well as security software.

2. Tell us when these BSODs occur, i.e,, random, gaming, etc.

XP Pro SP3
Intel Quad Core
2.40 Ghz, 4 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Zone Alarm Firewall
Avast
Spyware Doctor

Its crashes when I playing game. I found this in Event Viewer: Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804f4d02, parameter3 b404a4e, parameter4 00000000

The error 0x8E are almost always due to hardware issues, particularly RAM. Though sometimes they can be due to faulty drivers.

You are going to need to run memtest on your RAM. This takes a long time but well worth it.

Here is a tutorial from TechSpot on how to use it: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html If the directions are not clear or you need clarification let me know.

I run memtest and this is what has come up: "Memory error detected. Copying between 576f17b and 576f09d did not result in accurate copy. Memtest has detected that your comp cannot accurately store data in RAM." I dont know what this mean, can u help me whit this? Thx.

Hmmm, when the Memtest screen was up did any errors show? if so, you have RAM that needs to be replaced. It can't be fixed.

This was on memtest: "Memory error detected. Copying between 576f17b and 576f09d did not result in accurate copy. Memtest has detected that your comp cannot accurately store data in RAM."
Thx for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back