"System failed CPU test" message, system freezing occasionally

Hello everyone,

My system freezes occasionally and I get the informative "system failed CPU test" message. I also hear an annoying beep which is probably coming from the cpu fan but I am not sure about that. I think my computer is quite old, so it might be the case that the CPU is dead but I hope there's still a way to fix it.

Of course the first thing I did in order to solve the problem was searching in the manual of the motherboard to find some information about the above-mentioned informative message. ASUS suggest that I should check the CPU if it's properly installed. I removed the CPU, heat sink and fan firstly. After that, I cleaned the cooling paste from the CPU and heatsink, added cooling paste to the CPU and I assembled all the parts onto the motherboard.

I also tried to find out more about the minidump-files generated by Windows, but I couldn't find anything interesting.

If anyone could help me fixing the system freezes and the other above-mentioned problems, I would be glad to hearing a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Greets, goalie99.
The last minidump-file is attached to this message.

Attachments

• debuglog2.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 3
Below is additional information from your duplicate thread that was held for moderation:

The system created some minidump-files as well and I investigated those, but with no result. Maybe you could find those files useful, so I attached the most recent minidump-file to this message.

System specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz HyperThreading
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe

Back