System freeze

dollhobbs

I have attached the event log of the issue I am having which is a TOTAL freeze of my system. This has happened twice now both times while Playing world of warcraft. If someone can tell me whats going on other then it involves one of my HDD's I would appreciate it, and could you tell me how to figure out which is harddisk3 so I can run a test on it. I have 3 HDD's 2-500gig and 1 150gig.
drives C & D are dual booted as XP and windows7 E is games and storage F is also starage. WoW is on E.

Attachments

• error log.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 3
How large is the PSU on your rig? Open you case and take a flashlight and look at the CPU fan. Is it spinning fast or is running slightly?

850watt PC Power and Cooling and the cpu fan seems to be running fine. you can't see the blades, it's just a blur and for info just took everything apart and blew it out 2 weeks ago.

checked realtemp log and it showed cpu temp never exceded 46 degrees.

Any over-clocking on the CPU, RAM and such? If not check the RAM? Remove one then the other to see if you have the issue. What does the OS event viewer showing? I take it your using Windows? Scan the system for pest and do that in the safe mode. If everything looks the same then it could be an issue with the Motherboard.

I think I figured it out. When I blew out my my the other day trying to improve the air flow I flipped the PSU and this put the intake for the PSU in a bad place. I have reversed it and am waiting to see if the issue repeats irtsalf. Will let u know and thanks.

problem solved, no reacurences since I put PSU back the way it was. Must have been an airflow issue making it overheat. thanks for the help.

Back