System freezing problems on new build

By themitchguy
Sep 17, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K, so I have everything working fine, everything is connected and installed (the only things i haven't put in are the floppy drive and the little speaker..), however, the first time i started into windows, and every time after, it suddenly freezes at a random point, whether at the welcome screen, or a few seconds after it's loaded AFTER the welcome screen... any help? :/
    Not sure how to check the temperature, but if it has anything to do with the numbers that appear on the motherboard, they're usually at around 32.. But the system is quite cool compared to otehr computers I've had, it's got 2 80mm and 1 120mm case fans, plus the processor, VC, and the 2 PS fans, I'd say heat's not the problem..

here are my specs:

Motherboard: EVGA nForce SLI Socket 775
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz 4MB
    RAM: OCZ SLI 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x2048)
    HD: WD Caviar Green 1TB 32MB/SATA-3G
    PS: Apevia ATX - IB680W-GN (Iceberg) 680W
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

We meet again! Did you install the EVGA chipset drivers for the motherboard?
  3. themitchguy

themitchguy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 32

oh wow... i had not even thought about doing that.. where can i find them??
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

Google works... The EVGA support website is not very good. Just search using the EVGA motherboard model number
  5. themitchguy

themitchguy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 32

Alright, I got the right drivers installed, and still, it freezes :/
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.