System has difficulty occasionally coming out hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

Not sure why this is happening but ever since i reinstalled Win XP i'm having troble coming out of hybernation from time to time. I just assembled this rig 2 months ago and hadn't had this problem after my first XP install but i'm having it now. I have programmed system to hybernate, shut down hard disks and monitor after 20 min in Power Options in Control Panel. Here's what sometimes happens after i push the power butoon to come out of hybernation; pc starts up normally, it gets through the first 2 screens but when it gets to XP is starting up screen it just reboots unexpectadly and then when i get to this point again i get this message: windows could not log you on, choose one of the following options:

1)Delete restore point and continue with fresh boot
2) Continue to boot anyway

If i chose option 2 sometimes i get back into Win XP and sometimes i don't. If i don't i wind up at the same screen with those 2 options after a restart. If i choose option 1 i'm able to log into XP but i get a message that says, system recovered from a serious error, and then i have the option to send an error report to MS, if i do send i usually get taken to this page:

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=e62af82e-e166-4506-9c5c-3cf68a4b5429

I always get this if i have a blue screen or a driver conflict, but it is not helpful.

Does someone know what is going on here?

Edit; It seems that i posted this in the wrong section, i meant for it to go into Windows XP section, may be a moderator can move this post to the right place

Be sure to install all the drivers from your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacture as you have changed all that with the reinstall.
You will definitely want to install the latest BIOS and latest Chipset drivers.

Hello Raybay,

That's all ready been done, BIOS is up to date, all the chipset and SATA drivers were installed after i reinstalled XP and they are of the latest kind. Any other suggestions?

have you tried the StandBy feature instead? Hibernate is very meaningful for a
laptop, but not so important to a desktop system.

Stanby seems to work fine. I'm currently trying something to fix the problem , if it does i'll post results here.

the file associated is C:\hiberfil.sys

delete it and reboot, hibernate and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back