System instability

Alster37

I believe My power supply may be the cause as I have a fresh i stall of win 7 with all the latest drives and updates. Its a win power and I've had it about a year. It says 800watts but I don't believe that in the slightest.

It's certainly possible; are you able to get into the BIOS? If so, check the PSU voltages there; they should be within 5% of their rated values.

all voltages are pretty much good exept the 3.3v with is only being given 2.64v. could that be the problem?

yep , I get a blue mem dump screen when using applications, the first time it happened was with furmark.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's the PSU then; could be memory or the HDD too. Even a dying GPU can cause that.

It would be more than sufficient, but I don't advise it unless you plan on a dual-GPU setup; a cheaper PSU like the OCZ StealthXStream II 500W or the Antec NEO ECO 520W would be plenty for a single-GPU setup upto a GTX 460.

Im actually going for a single gtx 470 at Christmas as the prices have fallen quite a bit in the uk.

Go for the Corsair in that case. Excellent alternatives would be the Antec NEO ECO 625W and the Sapphire Pure 625W.

Back