TechSpot

System Restarting System Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: 102

By cricketfundas
Feb 19, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Description:
    Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ba33c050, parameter3 f2001410, parameter4 300c0400.

System Properties:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Computer:
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz
    2.67 Ghz, 3.23 GB of RAM

My computer restarts suddenly and returns with a pop up screen saying "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" sometimes and sometimes not. I observed this is happening only when I am using Firefox. I am facing this problem since 6 months. Some days it wont restart at all...and the other day it restarts many times within the minutes gap... I tried reinstalling OS and other drivers latest updates, but the problem repeats...Please help..
  2. mokshabhii

mokshabhii TS Rookie Posts: 20

Hi cricketfundas,

AS your System Has Recovered from a Serious Error
    Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ba33c050, parameter3 f2001410, parameter4 300c0400.

So,
    Error code 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

parameter1 0x00000005: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT

Generally, use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above to troubleshoot this problem. A specific problem is known to exist with Win XP and Server 2003 in combination with certain antivirus programs, firewalls, and similar software; see the article linked below for details and current status of a fix from Microsoft.

Or Get More Information go to:-

Clink On Link-----> http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#general

And Get More Information About WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

Kindly Check your processor fan once :)
    Best Of Luck...[:)]
  3. cricketfundas

cricketfundas TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello,

Thanks for your immediate answer.

But my system restarted again just now...When I went into the Event Viewer to see the error, there is no error found but the source I found is Service Control Manager

Attached the snapshot of the Event Viewer...Please help..

I am guessing a Faulty RAM...What do you say?

Attached Files:

4. cricketfundas

Processor Fan is Okay...System used to restart sometimes for the first i switch on the computer and sometimes in the middle of the work...
  5. cricketfundas

It restarted again now...and I got System Error 103

Attached the screenshot

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.