System Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys, I am facing a pathetic problem that when i insert a dvd or cd disc into my dvd rom and as it starts to read my system suddenly restarts and keep on restarting until i eject the disc.
Kindly do help me out and one more thing can someone give me the link for the PSU calculator so that i can get the exact value of my PSU.

Any help would be appreciable...

Could be hardware or software. On the software side, I'd reload the device driver first. If that doesn't fix it then check for spyware. Repost if you still have problems.

Best,
-- Andy

Problem Persists

Hello Dude
thank you very much to reply me but still the problem persists, i also checked with the spyware and adware software but no apparent solution. Still its getting restarted and keep on restarting when i insert the disc into the DVD ROM . One more thing that i also got the new DVD ROM drive in order to solve the problem but still the same result .

Kindly help me out, i m totally fed up of this issue.....

Help would be appreciable....

Again, it'ss still hard to say if it's hardware or software. We've eliminated the DVD drive as the cause. Spyware is unlikely, although still possible.

On BIOS startup, does the PC successfully read the DVD drive? I mean if you put a CD or DVD in the drive and have the BIOS set to read from the DVD drive first, does it? Or does the system reset when it tried to read the DVD drive.

Trying to isolate the problem and go from there. Repost with results pls.

Best,
-- Andy

Nope the problem still irritating

Thank You Andy, but still the problem persists and i did what u said that i insert the DVD as well as CD and try to boot but no chance restarting and keep on restarting infact i try from BIOS too.

REgards

Here's what I suggest. Enter BIOS and find the fucntion "reset to defaults" Restart and attempt to boot from a CD/DVD. If that doesn't work, then download the BIOS from the manufacture and re-flash your BIOS.

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back