System restore error XP Pro

TA1754

I have XP Pro, & I'm trying to open System Restore, & keep getting a error.
Is there a way to re-install system restore to correct the error?

I really appreciate your help, I followed those instructions to a T, everything was fine until I did the Mshtml.dll part.....then it came up with the following error....
Mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllregisterServer entry point was not found.
The file can not be registered,

Do you have your XP disk? Have you scanned for infections? There is a possibility that a virus or trojan might have change the correct lettering. What security software are you running?

Do you have your XP disk? Have you scanned for infections? There is a possibility that a virus or trojan might have change the correct lettering. What security software are you running?

Yes I have an XP disk, I'm running Eset Smart Security, & Malware Bytes Pro, both are updated, & I have run scans with both a couple days ago.

Have you ever done a Windows Repair before? That would appear to be the next step.

By the way, excellent security software.

Have you ever done a Windows Repair before? That would appear to be the next step.

By the way, excellent security software.

Yes I'm actually a A+ tech, but I've never run into this problem before.
I was missing the NTLDR, & bootini file on this PC, & got thru that using the repair option.
Now I'm just down this last little bug, I even copied the srfile from the i386 folder of the Windows cd, but that didn't do it either.

Back