System restore help

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcylouise93

Hello. This is URGENT because my mum needs to write up applications today.

I did system restore 2 days ago and now my programs arent there anymore even though they show on my desktop.

I need a step by step instructions on how to reverse system restore so I can get all my files and programs back please. This would be very helpful as I am not very good with computer. I actually want smash my computer right now lol.

I am on windows xp

Much appreciated :D

hey darcylouise93

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore ..... do you still see an option that says "Undo my last restoration" ? If you do, click on that and it should undo the damage.... If this option is not present, click on "Restore my computer to an earlier date" and then choose a date prior to the two days before the restore was done.....

Why was the System Restore done in the first place if i may ask? I only ask because there might be another way to cure the problem instead of restoring...

Spyder_1386 :)

Spyder_1386 said:
hey darcylouise93

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore ..... do you still see an option that says "Undo my last restoration" ? If you do, click on that and it should undo the damage.... If this option is not present, click on "Restore my computer to an earlier date" and then choose a date prior to the two days before the restore was done.....

Why was the System Restore done in the first place if i may ask? I only ask because there might be another way to cure the problem instead of restoring...

hello thankyou for your help.

i did system restore because everytime i turned on my computer it would say something about spyware. everytime i would even click on something or even just click the computer would restart.

Spyder_1386 said:
hey again darcylouise93

your computer could still be infected with viruses or malware.... make sure you install an anti virus for your system.... AVG or Avast are good options.... check out this page for instructions on removing viruses etc...

[

hello again.

this is bad but i think i did system revovery. its the one when you turn on your computer and fress f8 or something. ****. i did the system restore but i could only choose from 3 dates. i did the earliest one. anyway when i did system recovery or whatever its called i couldnt go into microsoft word. everytime i doubled clicked it would say it wasnt installed. then when i tryed to install it, it would say something making sure it exists and access.

since i did the system restore its says undo last restore.

thanks again. i really dont like computers! argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back