System "seems" clean but unable to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.:wave: This is a first... I've seen a LOT of "Mal-ware" and until last night have always been able to find/create a resolution. This one has me totally stumped. I have a good deal of "background/experience" in this area but as of lately it's not really been needed so I may not be as Up To Date as I should be. I've been lucky for a while I guess.

Background:

Dell Vostro Laptop XP Pro SP2 (wont install SP3 till it's Clean)
System runs like a champ and all scans come back clean. I have scan logs from Malwarebyte, ComboFix, HiJackThis and they all look GREAT.

The problem is that regardless of where I connect this machine will not go online. It connects to the wireless network (home, work, public WIFI) but nothing actually gets ONLINE. I thought it was a Firewall problem so I un-installed AVG Security Suite 8.0 and it's still just not able to surf, update etc. It acts like some type of DNS/LSP problem but I can't find any indicators. I then went back and installed AVG-Free because I don't like to run any system with NO anti-virus at all.

I'm going to post the HJT log and have the others if requested. Take note that in the HJT log you'll see some "Remote Access" entries as well as "Eagle" entries. These are for our corporate remote log-in and are legit. Sometimes these type of entries become "items of interest" for Spyware Fighters but in this case these are good (LogMeIn, SonicWALL, Eagle Listener, Eagle Scheduler, 3apps.

I've transferred this log *and the others if needed* via USB thumb-drive since I can't get this laptop online directly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Allen

Ok not sure WHAT/How/Why but here is an update.

I connected this laptop to our Corp connection "hard-wired" and it connected perfectly. I then disconnected it from the "Wired Connect" and now it connects flawlessly WIFI!

Any ideas? I'm going to take it home shortly to test it on my home wireless connection.

I'm stumped . . . last night it wouldn't connect to my Home even though my personal laptop was connected just fine. I'm at a total loss here. I'll post back with an update after lunch and if I have no more "issues" I'll ask that this thread be closed. I'll update in a few hours.

Allen (confused as can be)

You have so many remote processes going, that could be the problem. Try shutting them all down, then see if you can access.

This entry needs to be confirmed:
O16 - DPF: {54CFC975-F9FB-45EB-8D18-D2D04FBC4299} (RemoteWeb2 Control) - http://59.124.143.151/CAB/RemoteWeb2.cab

The IP is:
netname: HINET-NET
descr: CHTD, Chunghwa Telecom Co.,Ltd.
descr: Data-Bldg.6F, No.21, Sec.21, Hsin-Yi Rd.
descr: Taipei Taiwan 100

Does the notebook have a static IP address? Does it have a assigned DNS server?

Have you tried flushing the DNS? (ipconfig /flushdns)

Check your TCI/IP settings......Set everything to DHCP and see if that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back