System Specs

By tonylukac
Sep 27, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. System specs do not work in IE8. They do however work in Firefox 3.5.3. I noticed this because I do not have Firefox as my default browser, and in following a reply url from a message post, windows mail links to IE8. Just thought I'd let you know.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

We need a more complete explanation, as what you report doesn't make much sense.

IE 6.2, IE7.0, and IE 8.0 should work with whatever specs you have that work with Windows XP...
    What operating system are you using or attempting to use.

Please tell us more about what you mean.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

@raybay, he is referring to the system specs drop down menus here in the forum.

Nicely spotted tonylukac. I will try to see what's happening in IE (a web developer's nightmare btw) to see if there is an easy fix considering the other set of drop downs work just fine.

Thanks!
  4. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 820   +19

Update

Just an update, I got a Mac yesterday and the system specs dont work in Safari or Opera, yet they work in Firefox on the Mac. Go figure.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.