System temperatures

By Sazzle29
Sep 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hey all....

Just been checking the temperatures of my system, are the following ok:

System: CPU Type HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, overclocked to 3800 Mhz (was 2800mhz)

Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
    CPU 38 °C (100 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #1 18 °C (64 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #2 18 °C (64 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #3 18 °C (64 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #4 18 °C (64 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #5 18 °C (64 °F)
    CPU #1 / Core #6 18 °C (64 °F)
    Aux 36 °C (97 °F)
    GPU Diode 36 °C (97 °F)

Cooling fans:
    CPU 1186 RPM
    Chassis 250 RPM
    GPU 35%

Do i need to get better cooling sorted for my computer?
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Those temps are perfectly fine. What are the load temps?
  3. Sazzle29

Sazzle29 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Whats the best way to find that out? I'm new-ish to all the technical stuff...lol.
  4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

I'd kill to have temperatures like that. =)

Running a stress test of some kind (super pi, Prime95, etc) while running, say, Hardware Monitor (unless you're using something else already) lets you see your load temperatures for at least your CPU, as they'll be the "max value". Getting your hands on PCmark or 3Dmark would also stress your system quite well for measuring load values for other hardware as well.
  5. Sazzle29

Right, hopefully i've done this right! I ran prime and then ran the other program i used to see what was going on.... how's this:

I had to attach the image instead of posting it, as i don't have 5 posts yet lol.

Attached Files:

6. madboyv1

Heh, my cramped and craptastically cooled e5200 idles at your load temperature. Not sure exactly where that temperature sensor for "CPU" is, but the rest of the temperatures look fine. if you had a way to stress your Graphics card, that's help too, but it probably hits mid/upper 50s at most under load if it is a discrete graphics card.
  7. Sazzle29

I'm still running my good old nvidia geforce 9600gt....lol. Good with most games, but has its moments with the most recent GTA episode....lol. Maybe look at an upgrade for it sometime.
  8. madboyv1

If you're looking to some newer titles and If you have $200 you should totally get an AMD Radeon 5830 or a Nvidia Geforce 460. =o
  9. Sazzle29

Was looking at the geforce 400 range... did settle on the 460, but wasn't sure which was best and affordable. Have only recently splashed out on the 6 core system and motherboard lol.
    Ah well, was payday so will put some money aside for that graphics card... :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.