System Tray Problem and Help with Avast Virus Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpw

How can i get avast resident protection on demand where it automatic start up when i turn on my computer and show up in my system tray. And also how do i get my volume icon back system tray i select show in system tray but when i restart it not their. Also how do i get the arrow back in system so when hide some icon you click and show more.
I am just picky and like stuff in a certain way and like to learn thanks.

Avast

Re-install

Sound icon:

Start->Run->control mmsys.cpl ->ok
"Place volume icon in taskbar"
Remove the tick-->Apply
Put the tick back on-->Apply

For grouping:

Start->Run-> "rundll32.exe" shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 1 ->ok
Tick "Group similar taskbar buttons"
Tick "Hide inactive icons"
Apply->Ok

Note: tick=
Bb608288.tick(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

I found another way to fix it but thanks kinsland but also also for icon in system tray should you select always show or or hidden when inactive. Also how do you get when you have to many icon showing in system tray the arrow show so you can make less icon show and click it again and the rest of the icon in system tray show.

I found another way to fix it but thanks kinsland
That's ok. But what was the better way?

but also also for icon in system tray should you select always show or or hidden when inactive.
Your choice, ideally: "hidden when inactive"

Also how do you get when you have to many icon showing in system tray the arrow show so you can make less icon show and click it again and the rest of the icon in system tray show.
For grouping:
Start->Run-> "rundll32.exe" shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 1 ->ok
Select "Hide inactive icons" (Note I have now edited above with this as well)
Apply->Ok

I found another way to fix it but thanks kinsland
Still not answered. What other way?

I did it still not working.
Which one are we talking about? You had 3 issues
Are 2 now ok? If so which 2?

Generally if you are speaking about your sound taskbar icon, you are best to re-install your sound drivers. Your sound drivers are found at your computer's or sound card's manufacture support page

For further help please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

Just the arrow you can click to show more icon or click again to show less icon. I found way to get avast icon and volume icon working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back