T-Mobile eliminates bells and whistles with barebones Simply Prepaid plans

By Shawn Knight
Jan 16, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile is starting 2015 with a heavy prepaid push. Starting January 25, the disruptive wireless provider will launch a new brand of prepaid plans starting at $40 per month for unlimited talk, text and data.

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

When I look at those prices I thank the powers that be for wi-fi. I can easily get by on 20MB of mobile data a month.
    Whltng likes this.
  3. It should also be noted these new plans throttle data to 8 Mbps, while Metro PCS customers have full-speed access to the T Mobile network with no additional throttling or latency... At the same prices.
  4. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TS Addict Posts: 289   +55

The USA really like being shafted by the mobile phone companies
  5. VernonDozier

VernonDozier TS Rookie

It's a good idea in concept but coverage is terrible, and it's getting worse since they sold their antennas and towers to Crown Castle.

T-Mobile is now overselling their network. I have more dropped calls, and error messages than a year ago.

The way T-Mobile employee on the phone explained it is this way "It's similar to an overbooked flight, someone's going to get bumped or be required to take the 'slow lane'". I guess T-Mobile meant someone is going to be required to drive to their destination to have a conversation instead of making a phone call using paid-for service.

T-Mobile works best as a paging service. It's more reliable. The voicemail works about 80% of the time.