TechSpot

T-Mobile to reveal Uncarrier 3.0 strategy on October 9

By Shawn Knight
Oct 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The next phase in T-Mobile’s uncarrier strategy – an ongoing plan to shake up the wireless industry – is set to debut at a special media event in New York’s Bryant Park on October 9. To generate additional publicity for...

Read more

2. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 762   +252

My dream? T-Mo is expanding nationwide, putting up towers everywhere. That's really all their missing at this point.

3. Didn't T-Mobile sell a bunch of towers?

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

They sold the towers; they buy/rent the airspace. Selling the towers didn't lower their service area.
    At least I think that's what I remember going on.

5. How do you end one paragraph pointing out how crappy these new deals are, and start the next stating they're sure not to disappoint with the next announcement?

6. jyscil

jyscil TS Rookie

Man, that will be lovely

7. The writer was pointing out that all the other carriers do not have a good deal when you do the math.

8. Because he was saying that the Jump program (and the similar ones from AT&T and Verizon) are not a good deal. And the point isn't that every announcement is a good deal, the point is that T-Mobile has been shaking things up and giving customers more choices. You don't have to have a long-term contract with T-Mobile. If you want to pay more to upgrade your devices more often, you're welcome to. You don't have to. Now, the same is true at AT&T and Verizon, but only because T-Mobile offered it first.

I'm an AT&T and Verizon customer and I probably won't be going to T-Mobile anytime soon, but that's mainly because of their coverage. I still applaud what they're trying to do. Giving customers more choices is not a bad thing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.