T-Mobile to support the iPhone this year amidst $4B network upgrade

By Shawn Knight
May 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile's wireless network will be compatible with the iPhone later this year, despite the fact that the company is the only major US telecom that doesn't sell Apple's handset. The...

Read the whole story
  2. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Whoever headed the move over at Tmobile and convinced ATT that the merger was a done deal did a brilliant job. Not only did they get a truckload of cash, but some sweet, sweet spectrum. Now they just need to stop catering to the 13 yo girls out there and get some decent handsets. Eight or ten years ago it might have been all about the service, plan prices, and fuzzy feelings you got that made you stay with a carrier. These days (unfortunately, in a lot of ways) it's about the hardware.
  3. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 624   +57

ATT were the guys that thought this was a done deal and added those incentives to convince T Mobile to go ahead with it. So it's not that T mobile did a brilliant job, it's more so that ATT are **** ups.
  4. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 336   +32

Yet another LTE choice in the top 25 markets. I couldn't care less. I can't wait to ignore the forthcoming ads of a service I won't have in my area probably forever. Why upgrade rural area service when there is 5g to consider, then 6g then 7g.
  5. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

That's a pretty big ****up indeed. Good for Tmobile, whether it was because they were super sneaky or equally overconfident.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.